Our Lease Consultancy team acts for investors, landlords and occupiers of commercial property across London and the South East. The team provides advice on all aspects of rent reviews, lease renewals and lease restructuring.
Our team has an expert and informed knowledge of both the immediate North London area and also Central London and the South East England in general. This is assisted by our comprehensive databases which are both in-house and via subscription. In particular, we have an extremely comprehensive local database of evidence within the Islington, N1 area which places us in a strong position during negotiations.
We act for both landlords and tenant/occupiers. In terms of landlords, we approach each instruction as an opportunity to enhance value for our clients with their lease events.
In terms of third party dispute resolution, we also act as Expert Witness in relation to third party referrals to Expert Determination or Arbitration, Court Proceedings and in other Dispute Resolution such as Professional Arbitration on Court Terms (PACT), which is a joint initiative set up by the RICS and the Law Society as a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) for lease renewal disputes.
Our principal services include:-
• Advice on assignments and sub-lettings
• Asset management (adding value)
• Break option negotiations
• Court attendance for lease renewal and other disputes
• Expert evidence
• Expert witness
• Lease renewals
• Lease restructuring :Regears, Surrenders and renegotiation of lease terms
• Rent reviews : We can advise on the serving of formal Calderbank letters to protect your ongoing Arbitration costs.
• Rental valuations for various purposes
• Submissions to arbitrator and independent experts
Also we can work with our Building Consultancy team if there are dilapidations issues during the term of a tenancy or upon expiry. Our Building Consultancy Division are able to prepare Interim and Terminal Schedule of Dilapidations and conduct negotiations on your behalf and assess Compensation or liability if appropriate. They also complete Schedules of Condition at commencement of the lease term if required.