How much does it cost?
Our ability to be completely flexible means that we can tailor our service to provide as little or as much assistance in the management of your property as you need and want.
Some blocks like to adopt a completely “hands off” approach, leaving us to manage their property without the need to keep bothering them for decisions. Others like to be involved in making important decisions and some even like to be updated on almost every issue affecting the property. You decide.
Our fees are generally based on a rate per flat/house and, depending upon the level of service required, generally range from between £250 to £350 per unit (plus VAT at the standard rate).
Extra services that we are able and happy to provide include:-
- Acting as Company Secretary to Residential Management Companies and Right to Manage Companies.
- Preparing Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems, so that you know what major elements of repair need to be carried out over the next 5-10 years. We think this is critical at large blocks where external redecoration, for example, will be expensive and needs to be budgeted for. You want to know well in advance so that your reserve fund collections take account of forthcoming major works – no one wants to be saddled with a large bill just before works are needed.
- Initiating, conducting and/or preparing evidence for and attendance at Court or Tribunal hearings and otherwise assisting in dealing with litigation and arbitration.
- On behalf of clients, recruiting new or replacement of directly employed staff at blocks.
- Dealing with the granting of Licences for Alterations where Lessees wish to make alterations to their flats. Unless prohibited by the lease, these fees are paid by the Lessee requesting consent.
- The preparation of rebuilding cost assessments (commonly known as insurance valuations). We have Chartered Building Surveyors qualified to calculate the rebuilding cost of blocks. These are important, so that you don’t end up either under or over insuring your block.
- Dealing with major works at your block. Our Chartered Building Surveyors can undertake a condition survey, prepare the specification, tender the works and act as Contract Administrator as well as the Planning Co-ordinator required under CDM Regulations.
- Submitting Planning and Listed Building applications.
- The preparation of measured surveys and computer aided design (CAD) drawings.
In fact, we think we can provide any service you will require in the efficient and professional management of your block.